Friday, October 5, 2012

PSALM 6

Yesterday I had my yearly flu shot and for the first time an additional pneumonia shot. No big deal...except for today... very sore arm, hot and chilled, achy all over and the "runs" ...so it was interesting to read today's Psalm..."Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint;...heal me for my bones are in agony.".. David goes on, "I am worn out from groaning..." and crying!  I am quite sure David's affliction was huge compared to my touch of the flu! But it is startling to see David's prayer request... he doesn't say,"save me because I am miserable!".
He cries out "save me because of Your unfailing love."  His appeal is to the character of God...the unchanging and immovable, character of God Almighty. We can be assured that the effectiveness of prayer does not depend on the fluence of our prayers, but the character of
God, when we come in humility.


No comments:

Post a Comment