Thursday, October 4, 2012

PSALM 5

Are you ever hassled by arrogant, deceitful, rebellious people? They may even live in  your home :-) King David understood what it was to be hassled ... from his enemies outside his kingdom and those as close as his own family. This Psalm addresses God's reaction to arrogant liars, but more than that, it lays out the prayer life of a man of God.

"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice;... I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Waiting?... What's that about?... He knew God would be up to something that day and he would be watching for it! How many of us could say we spent even a few minutes each day watching for God's next move?

The song goes on in verse 7, "But I, by your great mercy, will come into your house; in reverence will I bow down toward your holy temple." David came to seek God's direction and wisdom for the day. As we awaken to a new day, may we lay out our requests to our merciful God, and then keep your eyes open for a God sighting!

This is the church building where I first grew in faith... was baptized at 16, ordained at 25 and married the same year. That red carpet collected many of my tears as a teenager and gave me many opportunities to stretch my wings as a potential pastor/preacher. Indeed may we each come into God's house this week for encouragement and wisdom for life.

 Dilworthtown
Presbyterian Church
West Chester, PA

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Pastor

    I too, came to grow in my faith here, although the church was referred to as Harvest Community by that time, and Austin Joyce was the pastor. I have an old Dilworthtown Bible on my bookshelf. I would like to connect with you, if that is possible. I am sending this through my work email, but will also give you my personal email and cell phone in hopes that we might be in touch. Feel free to email, call, or text.

    Lesa Morris
    (480) 234-1607
    lesa.l.morris@gmail.com
    lmorris@91pcs.com

    ReplyDelete