Friday, October 12, 2012

PSALM 13

"How long, O Lord?" There have been seasons in my ministry and in my personal life, when those words were burned on my lips. I am sure for most of us, David's anguished plea rings a familiar sound. "Will you forget me forever?" That is how it feels to us... that is how it felt to David.
There are many reasons God appears distant... our own unrepentant sinful behavior or to teach us patience or to deepen our level of trust. But lets be honest - sometimes it is just a mystery... we don't "feel" God's presence and the reason is left a unsolved mystery.

But don't miss how David ends this song,
"I will trust in your unfailing love"
I rejoice in your salvation.
I will remember your goodness.
 
Here is small plane flying in the Grand Tetons. At night, when a pilot cannot distinguish the difference between the sky and the ground, she must rely on the plane's instrument panel for direction. David could not feel God's presence but trusted in what he did know to be absolute truth: God love, salvation and goodness for those who trust in him. Those constant realities not only guided David through some very dark days, but also are there for us! Just listen to the song! 

No comments:

Post a Comment