Wednesday, October 17, 2012

PSALM 18

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer..." one of my favorite descriptions for God. For David, rocks were an essential tool in war, a barrier from the arrows and attacks of the enemy... a safe place. And oh do we need safe places to dwell!  Life can errupt at any time with arrows of financial crisis, relationships gone sour, workplace drama, our fragile health shatters. Where can we shelter our soul when, "the cords of death entangle" us or we find ourselves in "deep waters"? For over 50 years, since I meet Jesus, my soul has found rest, encouragment and wisdom at the rock of Christ's grace and love.

Call out to the Lord, who "lives"! "Praise be to my Rock!"

A rock formation in New Mexico ... But here is the surprising thing- Native American Indians live on top of the this "rock".

A Pueblo ...living safely on the rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment