Monday, January 28, 2013

PSALM 121

Again the song writer is making the journey up to Jerusalem to worship at the Temple. "I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help come from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth." I must admit I get annoyed when people say, "Prayer works". There is nothing magical connecting the way we pray with positive outcomes! The more accurate statement would be "God has worked through my prayers." Why do we have such a difficult time giving God the credit? The song writer was not confused as to where help comes from! Neither should we!


1 comment:

  1. I had to come to a place of such awareness that it(all,everything,life),is completely encompassed by God.Ironic,that God brought me to that place in His time. Im 46 now and a Christian all my life,though Ive strayed more than once from the fold.The last straying,God's awesome mercy and grace brought me back and accepted me even still!On my knees I was-and on my knees I am still.That's how one gets to the place where God gets the credit I believe.

    ReplyDelete