Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WHAT'S UP WITH RRR


On yesterday's blog post I asked you to guess the location of my “Steeler Towels” picture. My sister guessed the Pittsburg airport. WRONG GUESS.... “Bed Bath and Beyond” in West Chester, PA about 20-30 miles from Philadelphia, PA!  There was an equal amount of Steeler and Eagles merchandise on display. GO STEELER NATION!

Wanted to keep you updated on Christ’s latest direction for my life. Now mind you, my plan was to-

·         Go on this vacation
·         Work on my Observer Reporter blog
·         Come home to a leisurely summer of golf, swimming and gardening
·         And come Fall – look for a job  

Here is God’s Plan:

·         Enjoy this vacation {currently in Seattle}
·         Have fun with the  Blog
·         Arrive home June 15th
·         Get my house ready for sale and pack to leave by June 30th
·         Start a new full time job as Interim Pastor to the Orlando Presbyterian Church in Florida on July 1st!

I am excited about the people I will be working with and the ministry opportunity to help about 50 people, who want to remain loyal to PCUSA and start over to form a new congregation. Their former church was First Presbyterian Church in downtown Orlando, FL, who voted to leave the PCUSA denomination. These folks are determined to look forward to what Jesus has in store for them, rather than backward at the loss and anger over the separation conflict.

There of course, is sadness as I leave Southwestern PA… but I am not saying goodbye to friends… friendship spans time and place!








1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,
    Your blog is a great idea! Hope you are having a nice Seattle vacation before you come to Orlando Presbyterian Church.....wow! Doesn't that name have a nice ring to it!?! We're very excited and looking forward to our new beginning! Good luck with your moving preparations.
    Have fun and stay safe. Looking forward to talking with you soon,
    Teresa Atwell

    ReplyDelete