Saturday, December 15, 2012

PSALM 77

Have you ever felt like this? "I cried out to God for help; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted. I groaned, mused and my spirit grew faint. Will the Lord never show his favor again? Has God forgotten to be merciful?"

Of course God has not forgotten you, it just feels like that. The psalmist then redirects his thoughts from agonizing questioning to remembering.... remembering when God revealed his glory and might in life. It would not hurt if we all stepped back and remembered how God's grace was evident in our past.... and by faith acknowledge, God does not change therefore his mercy and grace hold us even when we don't feel it. Here is a picture of the Church were I grew up as a teenager. I indeed remember the many ways God blessed me in this small sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment