Saturday, November 3, 2012

PSALM 35

I must admit, this is a very painful Psalm for me. It describes the wounds of a leader...wounds from those who are in opposition to the leader and far deeper wounds from those who were part of the leader's inter-circle... "They repay me evil for good and leave my soul forlorn. Yet when they were ill, I put on sackcloth and humbled myself with fasting"... I prayed for them, suffered along with them in their trials and they returned my kindness with slander. "When I stumbled, they gathered in glee; attackers gathered against me when I was unaware."

David ends this song with "The Lord be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant." This week, for the first time in my ministry, a Church leader called me and asked, "How are you? How is your apartment? How is it going with your family? Is it going alright with your colleagues in the Presbytery? Are you really doing OK?"  How refreshing! Have you encourged your pastor in the last month? And by the way, I am feeling very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment