Monday, September 22, 2014

Things a Mother Said

My Mother used to say "Make your bed in the morning and everything else will fall into place." When it comes to making my bed, I am a slug, but she was right. Making my bed does help to put order in the beginning of my day. My Mother-in-law once advised me to do one thing a day that you don't want to do, and that would help launch your day in the right direction. {For some years I just combined the two and made my bed!}

But here is another piece of affirming truth: "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  When ever I face a difficult task ... emotional {living with grief} or physical {walking across this rope bridge with alligators and hippos underneath} this is the truth I rely on ... repeating it in my head, calms my anxiety ...focuses my energy ...keeps me going. And yes I made my bed this morning.

Disney Animal Kingdom 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment