Sunday, August 4, 2013

FIRE

A most interesting end to my day of travel... Arrived in Orlando, went to baggage claim and while waiting for my checked bag, the fire alarm with off. We were directed to evacuate the area. As I walked out, I saw the smoke billowing in our direction. Fire trucks blaring ... cop cars buzzing ... smoke coming out of all the baggage claim doors... there we were lined up on the curb... our checked bags inside... traffic all blocked... It appeared to me that it was not worth waiting around for a bag, so I sought out another way to get home. 

All weekend my ankle/foot was quite painful with all the walking for the conference.  Now I was faced with walking the length of the airport, hiking up a two story non working escalator with my carry on bag, finding the other side of the airport and then walking back the length of the airport to catch my shuttle. Jesus came through! My ankle/foot held up... and a kind young man offered to carry my bag up the escalator. I arrived at church smelling a little rank and smoky! Just another day as the roamingretiredreverend! P.S. Still not sure how I will get my bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment