Sunday, August 18, 2013

Down Memory Lane

I seem to be on a roll with shots from the past. Someone asked about the meaning of a "3/4 thoroughbred". My very favorite horse had a fancy name, but I called her "Pickles"!  Her blood lines were not pure thoroughbred...a non thoroughbred grandmother or father slipped into the gene pool!  My uncle raised and trained her  to run in "Point to Point" races. {Three points were designated in riding country...I am guessing a total distance of 1-2 miles. It didn't matter how the rider got to all three points, they just had to reach all three places. Fences, ditches, bridges, gates...whatever was in the way - Pickles jumped.} Yes she loved to jump and she loved to be out in front! Her boldness always made up for my lack of courage.   Come to think of it, God is a lot like that... You can always find him out in front and his courage is displayed in spite of our fear. Thanks Pickles, for all the lessons you taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment