Monday, August 19, 2013

At first glance...

At first glance, this is just a dinning room table, odd chairs and checkered red table clothe.... not so special at first look. But to me it means so much more! I was coming out of a major ministry burnout. Dear friends, Laverne and Barbara, surrounded me with friendship and decided I needed to redecorate my home. They found this table for me and I loved it from the first sight! The odd chairs?.. another great friend, Ellie, took me to a Hospice Volunteer meeting in someone's home- It was there I grabbed  the idea of using random oak chairs instead of a matched set. My Mother bought one of these chairs at an auction, on my behalf. Another came from the chapel of my beloved Altoona First Presby Church. A thrift shop purchase brought the third and then Laverne added the fourth chair. My Dad influenced my love for oak furniture. And the red checkered tablecloth? Well Barbara once told me all shades of red blend together. You may only see a table and chairs...I feel the warmth of family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment