Friday, November 28, 2014

THANKSGIVING

Looking back through the years, I have celebrated Thanksgiving in many places. This photo was taken in the late 80's at my family's cabin in the Poconos in Pennsylvania... Thanksgiving that year included: front row- Greg, my son's best friend, Mother, Peter ...back row- me, nephew Jeff, sister Lolly, brother Lee and sister-in-law Peggy. I enjoyed many holiday meals with the Bowman family. Then there was the Thanksgiving that Ellie and I spent in Beckley, West Virginia... we could not find a place to eat dinner so we ended up at a motel's restaurant that was serving a buffet dinner of runny, tough, tasteless food.  Poor planning on our part but it created a "story" to tell :-) This year's meal took place at an old friend's home here in Orlando, with three other friends gathered around the table for delicious food and spirited conversation. Wherever, whenever or whoever ... There is always an abundance to be thankful for and loved ones who contribute to that abundance! {I loved that old plaid shirt!}

No comments:

Post a Comment