Saturday, November 1, 2014

BUMP IN THE NIGHT

Coming home from a movie and dinner, I braked for a stop sign and felt a "bump"! My poor "Blue" {that is the name I gave my car, though not very original} had never been in an accident and I feared for her safety. We were on a little traveled side street and the car behind me didn't think I was going to stop and proceeded to hit me. As I got out of my car to check the damage, I was met by a tall young man in his twenties. He was a bit shaken and apologized for hitting me... he was rattled and kept insisting that he needed to get his car off the road less someone would run into him. I looked around and no one was coming in any direction... my guess- for days!!! I put my hand on his arm and assured him he was safe and we could handle this. No damage to either car! I shook his hand and smiling at his "Best Buy" name tag, said "I'll see you at Best Buy! As we both get back into our cars, he said, "Yes, Best Buy, look for a discount!".

I came away, pleased that this senior citizen held her cool in the face of a young man's panic and who knows maybe even a little better service at one of my favorite places to shop! Jesus Christ is so good to me... thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment