Tuesday, January 14, 2014

TRUST

I know -the picture is not very flattering, but it does illustrate a point. Trust is complex! I was on the Disney Animal Kingdom photo tour. We crossed overhead of hippos and crocodiles...all on this swinging rope bridge with irregular placed planks. We were harnessed to an overhead cable and there was netting all below the walking planks. I trusted I would not fall and become lunch for some slivering reptile. But I feared falling into the safety net and not being able to get up! Trust in God can be complex... we may well trust him with the big stuff in life, but grow fearful in the details. It is OK to be afraid. Courage is not the absence of fear... it is what you do to walk through the fear. And yes I made it to the other side. But I will not be doing that again for some time:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment