Thursday, July 19, 2012

SEEING THE FACE OF JESUS

Picture this... I am walking in downtown Orlando with a shopping bag after just leading a Bible Study at a local homeless shelter.  I am in bluejeans and a tee shirt with my everyday tennis shoes. {Dressed to spend time with homeless men and women.} And it dawns on me - some people could take see me as a homeless person... what a new perspective on life.

I taught at "Compassion Corner" a significant outreach to the downtown's homeless population.... 15 to 20 men and women who were very receptive to hearing God's word and prayer. This morning I saw the face of Jesus in the faces before me. In the group there was one Steeler fan but a roomful of people eager to hear about God's love reaching into the cracks and corners of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment